I’m a huge fan of Trader Joe’s — from their brand exclusive products to hot new items to pantry staples, Trader Joe’s has you covered with some great deals. I shop there often and showcase it in my Cart Series on Instagram because they have some affordable options that are truly unique to them. I’m excited to share my Trader Joe’s favorites with you.
I’m all about making nutrition easy, attainable, and individualized for you. Budget included. I’ve found that incorporating Trader Joe’s into my grocery routine has allowed me to hit my budget milestones. So, if Trader Joe’s is your jam, this is for you! If it’s not, let this list be your guide to explore your nearest TJ’s and maybe some of these items will make it onto your Trader Joe’s Favorites list.
*Please use the Guidebook section of Fast Food Reinvented to help inform your choices on which options are the best for you (ex: organic vs. conventional; grass fed, wild, etc.). Fast Food Reinvented is a resource that allows you to take control of your health, budget, and time. This eBook expands on my work with fire departments and offers it to everyone with an emphasis on taking a simple approach to eating healthy on a budget. It’s on brand with lots of areas for flexibility, so that you can do you.
First up are seasonal favorites for fall and winter. These are some of my favorite products that I look forward to every year. They are tried and true favorites that I think you should add to your list if they’re not already on it:
SEASONAL TRADER JOE’S FAVORITES (Fall + Winter)
- Honeynut squash (produce)
- Delicata squash (produce)
- Persimmons (produce)
- Cara cara oranges (produce)
- Sumo oranges (produce)
- Mashed sweet potatoes (frozen)
- Puff Pastry (frozen)
- Maple butter (spreadable maple syrup)
- Vanilla bean paste (serious deal, I stock up for the year!)
- Gingerbread cracker thins
- Fall harvest salsa
- Pumpkin spice
- Organic canned pumpkin
- Cinnamon toscano cheese
- Candy Cane Green Tea
- Winter Wake Up Tea
YEAR-ROUND TRADER JOE’S FAVORITES
- Cruciferous crunch mix
- Power greens
- Jicama sticks
- Rainbow carrots
- Brussels sprouts
- Butternut squash
- Sweet potatoes (regular or Murasaki — purple outside, white inside, and amazing)
- Red peppers or pepper trio
- Zucchini or zucchini noodles
- Bella mushrooms
- Teeny tiny avocados
- Peeled and steamed beets
- Bag of lemons or limes
- Fresh ginger
- Fresh garlic
- Fresh herbs (ex: cilantro, parsley, mint, etc.)
- Seasonal fruit favorites
- Pasture raised eggs
- Bone broth (chicken and beef, refrigerated section)
- Grass fed ground beef
- Ground chicken, chicken thighs, chicken breast, or chicken sausage
- Ground turkey
- Steak options (ex: flank, filet, etc.)
- Fresh wild salmon, scallops, or haddock
- Canned tuna
- Minimally processed deli meat (ex: Applegate brand)
- Grass fed beef burgers (frozen)
- Cilantro lime chicken burgers (frozen)
- Anything on the pantry staple list (from oils to spices to beans), see Fast Food Reinvented to a more detailed list.
- Canned pumpkin or butternut squash
- Canned beans (chickpea and black beans are my favorite).
- Almond or peanut butter (minimal ingredients)
- Nuts (ex: macadamias, almonds, peanuts, walnuts, etc. )
- Seeds (ex: sunflower, hemp, chia, etc.)
- Dried fruit (ex: medjool dates, golden raisins, apricots, etc.)
- Sea Salt (grinder or fine packaged)
- Peppercorn grinder
- Dukkah spice mix
- Ghost pepper grinder
- Coffee spice rub
- Everything But The Bagel Seasoning
- Plantain chips (regular or jerk spice)
- Tortilla chips
- Pretzel thins
- Dehydrated carrots
- Perfect Bars
- Honey Mama’s chocolate
- Montezuma’s unsweetened dark chocolate
- Sunflower butter cups
- Microwaveable brown rice
- Microwaveable quinoa
- Cauliflower rice
- Cauliflower gnocchi (Do not follow instructions on the bag unless you want a horrible outcome. Check my instagram under highlights for a recipe tutorial. Trust me.)
- Grilled peppers and onions
- Frozen fruit (berries, plantains, coconut, etc.)
SAUCES AND DIPS
- Almond butter turmeric salad dressing
- Green Goddess salad dressing
- Kale, cashew, and basil pesto
- Mediterranean hummus
- Fresh hot or mild salsa
- Romesco dip
- Organic jarred salsa
- Roasted red pepper and eggplant dip
- Olive tapenade
- Chili onion crunch
DAIRY + ALTERNATIVES
- Kerrygold butter
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Goat’s milk cheddar
- Goat’s milk gouda
- Unexpected cheddar
- Pepper jack cheese
- Non-Dairy Oat and Seed Beverage
- Fresh sourdough
- Everything but the bagel spice ciabatta
- Sprouted grain bread
- Sprouted grain pizza crust
- Pineapple seltzer
- Raspberry lime seltzer
- Lemon ginger seltzer
- Fruit stand cold pressed juice (fan of this as a sports drink sub)
Check out these reels for more of my favorites from Trader Joe’s in action: shop with me at Trader Joe’s and Fall Favorites from Trader Joe’s , To learn more about how the Cart Series started (I was challenged by a fire department years ago to show them how much produce I could get at Trader Joe’s for $50.), check out this post and picture below.
Do you have any favorites from TJ’s? Please share below and influence my next shopping list. I’m always looking to expand my Trader Joe’s favorites list!
I love Trader Joe’s! Some of our faves are the canned dolmas, pizza crust in the fridge section that we use to make grilled pizza, halloumi, triple ginger snaps, frozen Indian meals, hold the cone ice cream bites, and fall harvest tea!
These are some great additions, thanks for writing in! The halloumi is a favorite seasonal item that I truly wish they would have all of the time. That price can only be beat by its counterpart Aldi…
A lot of the items on your list are favorites/staples of mine too! Also love the frozen jasmine rice, Argentinian shrimp, jalapeño chicken sausages, steamed lentils (love adding to soups). Vegan pesto, cauliflower tabbouleh. Chai spice tea (bags), and those the 3 seed sweet potato crackers- yum!
I appreciate this awesome list/resource. Thank you!!
Way to add to the list! Love those options and haven’t tried the cauliflower tabbouleh — I’ll be on the lookout now! Thank you!
You covered most of mine but we like the coconut water (very similar to harmless harvest), the cashew milk yogurt, organic corn chip dippers (like Fritos scoops), salsa verde, red Argentinian shrimp and organic chicken are some of our faves
I haven’t tried some of these. Thank you for sharing! I will be on the lookout and add these to the list to try. I love guessing what brand names are used, and I agree that I think the coconut water is Harmless Harvest!
Great list! Some of my favorites. Lots of new things to try now!
Thank you ❤️
Thank you, Carol! Enjoy shopping! Come back if you find something new to add to the list that we need to try.