Nutritionist and Educator
Founder of The Cultural Shift Method
Based in MA
the nutritionist and educator behind Eats 2 Know, LLC! My nutrition philosophy has always been to keep it simple – nutrition doesn’t have to be complicated, and it can be attainable for you by you!
As a nutritionist who primarily works with firefighters, I’ve been exposed to complete transparency as to what people struggle with in regards to having a healthy and balanced diet. Some of the most common complaints I’ve heard revolve around the idea that eating healthy is too expensive, boring, or time consuming, and I’m here to disprove all of these. I’m all about going back to the basics and simplifying nutrition. The focus —
real food, real budget, real fast, made easy.
My philosophy: eat, move, love, and learn. It’s all a balancing act. Whether you’re a firefighter, college student, or working mom, etc., my goal is to help you find that balance through health and wellness. Debunking the myth that nutrition has to be complicated and expensive, I created The Cultural Shift Method – making nutrition, health and wellness, easy, individualized, and attainable for all.
B.A. Biology, Vassar College
M.S. Nutrition, University of Massachusetts Amherst
CONTINUING EDUCATION + CERTIFICATIONS
Functional Nutrition Coaching via mindbodygreen. Functional nutrition looks at exploring food as medicine with a goal of reaching optimal health using diet and lifestyle intervention. Dana’s personal educational focus is on inflammation, autoimmune disease, and gut health.
Breath- Body-Mind™ Training via Richard P. Brown & Dr. Patricia Gerbarg. Coherent Breathing Techniques for stress, anxiety, and pain management, improved mood, cardio-respiratory health, and reduced inflammation. The training explored how coherent breathing techniques can “improve stress resilience, calmness, sleep, physical health, awareness of self and others, and mental clarity.”
as seen in
- Nutrition: Making Effective Changes to a Firehouse’s Nutrition Environment
- Implementing a Nutrition Program Within a Firehouse
- Nutrition: 7 Tips to Make a Healthier Firehouse
- Health & Fitness: Firefighter Nutrition: Understanding Nutrition Labels
- Health & Wellness: A Nutritional Cultural Shift
- Health & Wellness: Combating Stress with Nutrition
- Back to Basics: Increasing Nutritious Cooking at the Firehouse
- Health & Wellness: Hydration 101: Tips to Stay Hydrated While on Shift
- Health & Wellness: A Dietary Approach to Supporting Immune Health