I’m recreating this comfort food classic from your childhood that is nutrient dense, filling, and will have you coming back for more! Ditch the jelly with added natural and artificial sugar and skip the nut butter that hides some trans fats, tropical oils, and sugar.
Try this easy and all natural route instead:
- Ezekiel or whole grain bread of choice toasted
- 2 TBSP of natural nut butter of choice (ingredients: nuts)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup of defrosted frozen berries of choice mashed
- 1 tsp of chia seeds, if desired (thickens berry mixture)
- Toast bread of choice.
- While bread is toasting, defrost frozen berries in the microwave.
- Add chia seeds to berry mixture for added nutrients (healthy fats, protein, and fiber) if a thicker jam-like consistency is desired.
- Top toast with nut butter of choice followed by berry mixture.
Looking for another twist? Try adding some yogurt (like Siggi’s Dairy or Greek yogurt) underneath fro a tangy protein probiotic punch (points for alliteration?).
Tag your toast on Instagram using @eats2know so I can see your creations!