Spring is here and I’ve got carrots on my mind! I couldn’t resist the beautiful colors of these carrots, so they unexpectedly ended up in my grocery cart this week. A great twist on roasted maple carrots typically found at Thanksgiving with less added sugar and a little heat. I also added parsnip for some more variety!
- 12-15 large rainbow carrots and/or parsnip
- 1-2 TBSP maple syrup
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- Dash of cayenne pepper (about 1/8 tsp)
- Zest and juice from 1/2 orange
- Zest from 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line roasting pan or cooking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix maple syrup, olive, oil, cayenne pepper, orange juice + zest, and lemon zest.
- Line carrots in the roasting pan. Add maple mixture to carrots and shake the pan to coat carrots.
- Roast for 45 minutes or until tender. Check on carrots halfway through cooking time to flip.
- If desired, broil for 2-4 minutes for more caramelization.
The vibrant colors of these rainbow carrots make for a beautiful side dish for your next gathering or meal. Tag me on Instagram (@eats2know) if you end up making this recipe. Enjoy!